A school council is a group of pupils elected by their fellow pupils to represent their opinions and raise issues with our headteacher and governors in the school. The school council can also take forward projects on behalf of the pupils, and be involved in planning and things like the School Development Plan, governing body meetings and interviewing staff.
To be effective, the school council must:
- Represent all pupils and include as many people as possible
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views
- Feed back to pupils about what happened about their views
- Make things happen – or explain why they can’t!
Mrs Parker and Mrs McLean will be the link teachers.
What jobs are there?
- Communications and liaison
This year's school councillors are:
- Ethan McGrath (Chair)
- Abby Barnes (Vice Chair)
- Eboni Gardner (Promotions)
- Samuel Harwood (Promotions)
- Charlie Pickard (Communications and liaison)
- Lia Helyar (Clerk)
- Rosie Worthington
- Charlie Riley
- Frankie Ingham
- Lily Andrews
- Leah Benson
- Chanel Dawson