We Are Reading
26 April 2018
Farington Moss St Paul’s CE Primary School has committed to Lancashire’s year of reading in 2018 and made the following pledge:
During the year of reading, we are committed to:
- Becoming a reading school.
- Seeking out every opportunity to improve standards in reading within our school.
- Encouraging reading for pleasure.
- Enabling children to read in depth in a wide range of subjects, deepening their knowledge and understanding across the curriculum.
- Working with other schools, our local library and other partners to promote reading as a life-long skill.
Thank you to Year 4 for their fantastic worship this week. They spoke about Courage and explored this theme personally and through the Bible stories of David and Goliath and Moses and the Red sea. They also composed their own song about courage. Thank you to Miss Walmsley and children in Y.4.