We Are Reading
26 April 2018
Farington Moss St Paul’s CE Primary School has committed to Lancashire’s year of reading in 2018 and made the following pledge:
During the year of reading, we are committed to:
- Becoming a reading school.
- Seeking out every opportunity to improve standards in reading within our school.
- Encouraging reading for pleasure.
- Enabling children to read in depth in a wide range of subjects, deepening their knowledge and understanding across the curriculum.
- Working with other schools, our local library and other partners to promote reading as a life-long skill.
A big thank you to everyone who attended the Mathematics workshop on Friday. It was a huge success. I think parents and carers hopefully left feeling a little bit more knowledgeable about how we teach calculations and problem solving across the school. If you do have any other queries do get in touch. Thanks. Mr. Eccleston